The top 10 people I’d like to meet, alive or dead, non-diabetes related, and in no particular order.
- Louisa May Alcott – I loved and still love “Little Women” (even before Katharine Hepburn played the part of Jo)
- My grandfather Dalton – He died when my mom was very young.
- Jim Bishop – a newspaper columnist who wrote some cool stories
- Katharine Hepburn – an amazing actress
- Erma Bombeck – I survived parenthood & survive life by reading & rereading her books
- Jesus – how cool would that be (but I’d prefer not to be dead…)
- Maya Angelou – she is so calm and serene
- Sir Frederick Grant Banting – codiscover of insulin (yeah, he’s diabetes related)
This is harder than I thought it would be…
- Eva Saxl – The heroic story of Eva Saxl, a Holocaust refugee who survived World War II through determination, ingenuity, and her husband’s homemade insulin.
- Susan B. Anthony – women’s right to vote