2. I have a small scar between my eyes from falling into an in-ground garbage can when I was very small.
3. I love our sons dearly but – really, really wanted a girl and before son #2 was born had purchased, just in case, an absolutely gorgeous Polly Flinders dress for the baby. I took it back after he was born.
4. My hypothyroid was discovered at my college physical. I was 18 and had my first “hickie.” So there I sat at Ft. Belvoir with all these medical people checking out my neck. I still laugh when I think about it.
5. My first cavity appeared when I was 4. Dentists are not my favorite people. I’ve gotten better but as a child I had to be sedated for everything when at the dentist’s. I bit one when I was 10.
6. My husband has a unique first name. We don’t have to put our last name on Christmas cards.
7. I worked at Camp Easter Seal near Roanoke, VA one college summer. It was a wonderful experience. I am still in touch with two of “my” campers. One is partially deaf, the other has cerebral palsy. They are both lovely women with busy lives now.
Staff Photo – Camp Easter Seal – 1971
8. I wish I wasn’t such a pack rat. I’m working on throwing stuff away. It’s not easy.
9. I have just about every photo I’ve taken since 4th grade. See #8.
10. I hate that I have diabetes. BUT – I wouldn’t have met so many nice people in the Diabetes OC without it so, I’m grateful for the many new friends.
Here are the guidelines:
Once you’ve been tagged, you have to write a blog with 10 weird, random, facts, habits or goals about yourself. At the end, choose 6 people to be tagged, list their names & why you tagged them. Don’t forget to leave them a comment saying “You’re it!” & to go read your blog. You cannot tag the person that tagged you, so since you’re not allowed to tag me back; let me know when you are done so I can go read YOUR weird, random, facts, habits and goals. Have fun!