Karen posted this today – thank goodness, something to write about!
1. What are the traditional favorites?
The turkey, the stuffing and sweet potato muffins
2. What new recipes will you try this year?
3. What part of the meal do you never compromise?
More than enough mashed potatoes so there are plenty of leftovers
4. Who gets to carve the turkey?
My younger brother, he’s an expert
5. Family style around the table or buffet style and everyone sits wherever there’s room?
Even w/ just the three of us, we’ll probably buffet it from the kitchen to the dining room
6. How many will be at your table this year?
Just the two of us and my brother. This is our first without dad. When dad was here, my other brother and his family would join us. The first year we assigned them the appetizers. They were late so after that we had them bring dessert(s)
7. Three best pies for Thanksgiving dessert?
Pie? I get to have pie!!? Pumpkin with real whipped cream. Others would be chocolate and any kind of fruit pie
8. Cranberry sauce… yay or nay?
Love it but won’t eat much
9. What time do you eat Thanksgiving Dinner?
We aim for 3, usually eat around 4
10. Favorite leftover?
11. (I’m adding one more) Favorite memory?
My dad announcing (every year, for years and years), “This is the best damn turkey we’ve had all year!” And, my mom forgetting the rolls/bread in the oven until someone asked where the rolls were.