I’m going to do the bullet thing because…
- We each got a Fitbit for Christmas. When you’re older and there’s no you know who, you go to the store together and buy the presents. (BB&B Coupons!) He is way ahead of me when it comes to the steps. I’m even on the treadmill (yes, again) (I dusted it off) and he’s still ahead.
- We still do a couple of surprise gifts for each other but don’t go overboard. (We do not need more STUFF!)
- I just heat sealed/bagged 4 dozen plus cookies. I don’t want them to go bad and I’m sure they’ll be a yummy treat in the greyness of February.
- Shoveling snow is good for my blood sugar.
- Eating the most incredible chocolate chip cookie – which I’ve decided might be around 35/40 carbs – destroyed the joy of shoveling. But it was worth it.
- I’m looking forward to a quiet New Year’s Dinner with friends. It’s an early dinner and in all likelihood – we’ll be asleep long before midnight.
- I like using Dexcom G5.
- I like using the iPhone as my receiver because – if I misplace it, I just have to call it.
- I silence the iPhone at night and use the Dexcom receiver to beep and do the “shake, rattle, and roll” thing.
- My new car does the Bluetooth thing with my phone – WHY can’t it show my BG on the car screen? (That would be nifty!)
- If my parents were still alive, today would be their 67th wedding anniversary. They were pretty awesome parents!
My grandmothers and my parents.
My grandmother on the right probably was a Type 1 Lada, before there was such a thing. She was diagnosed in her 20’s with “adult” diabetes.